Now Hiring: Coffee Production Assistant
Now Hiring: Coffee Production Assistant. Join Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company's team & learn the fun & fast paced world of coffee production & packaging.
Location: Crofton Maryland
Summary of Job duties: The Production Assistant will perform tasks involved in the packaging and/or production of Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company coffee and tea products.
Reports to: The production department supervisor
- Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible;
- Ensure fulfillment, replenishment, and stocking of all wholesale and retail packaged products;
- Calculate, weigh, and retrieve appropriate amount of coffee beans to be packaged.
- Operate and utilize the Weigh and Fill machines, various grinders and other packaging machines;
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes.
- Attach appropriate labels to products and packages;
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet or shelf;
- Keep accurate records of the daily production;
- Maintain a clean and safe work are;.
- Ensure all contract orders are being fulfilled;
- Mix and replenish assorted flavor coffee.
- Assist with Portion packaging machine.
- Unload incoming shipments.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs throughout.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and familiarity with operating equipment.
- Must be willing to take direction from the production supervisor and willing to handle remedial tasks to include cleaning
- Demonstrated personal commitment to green or sustainable living
- Ability to work position hours (Monday thru Friday) with starting as early as 7am.
- Willingness to work weekends on occasion (but rarely).
- High School Diploma or GED is desired. We encourage applicants with Military, trade school or some college education to apply. (Equivalent life experiences will be considered)
All interested candidates should send a motivational letter AND resume to: HR@cbrccoffee.com