Now Hiring: Coffee Roasting Assistant.
Now Hiring: Coffee Roasting Assistant. Join Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company's team & learn the fun & fast paced world of coffee processing & roasting.
Location: Crofton, MD
Summary of Job Duties: The Coffee Roasting Assistant will work in our roasting facility with our Roastmaster to process green coffee into roasted coffee while gaining insight into the world of coffee. The candidate will be willing to start at a ¾ time and able to work up to full time.
Reports to: The CBRC Roastmaster
- Assist the Roastmaster with the processing of green coffee from our coffee suppliers.
- Assist the Roastmaster in the production roasting of single-origin and blended coffees, while emphasizing QC, roast consistency and lot tracking.
- Assist the Roastmaster with the transport of roasted coffee to the packaging team or into storage containers with a 1st in - 1st out rotation.
- Assist the Roastmaster with set-up, participation, clean-up of coffee cuppings, tastings, and green evaluations.
- Enthusiastically represent Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company through demos, cuppings, tastings, open houses and event participation.
- Assist the Roastmaster with the R&M of the coffee roasting equipment.
- Assist the Roastmaster with social media and web blogs.
- Educate and inform customers/consumers about coffee trends as pertinent to the CBRC brand.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining facility to comply with FDA and MD Department of Health.
- Assist in cleaning, purging, and documenting roasting equipment for Organic coffees per Maryland Department of Agriculture.
- Assist in other departments as needed including packaging and delivery.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment ensuring that proper warehousing and coffee storage protocols are observed.
- Must be a coffee enthusiast with a strong passion for coffee and desire to learn about coffee & roasting.
- Must be able to lift 70lbs throughout day and be able to move 150 lb sacks.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and familiarity with operating equipment.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be willing to take direction from Roastmaster and willing to handle remedial tasks to include cleaning
- Strong verbal skills
- Ability to pass background checks for secure facility access
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead
- Demonstrate personal commitment to green or sustainable living
- Current participation in community/charitable/philanthropic organizations
- Ability to work position hours (Monday thru Friday) with starting as early as 7am.
- Willingness to work odd hours (nights and weekends on occasion).
- High School Diploma or GED is desired. We encourage applicants with Military, trade school or some college education to apply. (Equivalent life experiences will be considered).
All interested candidates should send a motivational letter AND resume to: HR@cbrccoffee.com